So this is my inspirational blog. Don't actually know where the background image is from, but it felt a wee bit fitting compared to some of the other ones on offer...
Sunday night at the minute, leaving Tuesday... San Francisco first stop. Blows my mind just thinking about it!
I am unsure how to start this off, apart from starting this off. I guess I would say the following:
There are two parts to my trip. First 4 1/2 weeks are solid OE travelling around - I'll see San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Atlanta, New York, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangkok and Chiang Mai in this time. It is off the charts blowing my mind! The next four weeks are in Singapore where I am with OMF International and I will be helping to look after kids while their parents are involved in an Orientation Course (they are from all over the world and doing this prior to going out to long term mission in all different areas).
Pretty much I am excited and amped about both portions of my trip - but in very different ways. So much shopping to do in those first weeks (been hanging out since January for the shopping), and of course all the sights, seeing friends, a wedding! New York! Singapore I am so excited about. Kids just are incredible. And I will be with a range of <1 - 9yo I believe. It is something that I am so looking forward to the learning experience, having relationship with a very different group of kids than I have ever been used to - they of course will be various nationalities, and are about to go out to a foreign country etc.
Anyway, I obviously have no trouble in writing so maybe this blog thing is easy! I do have an idea what I want to gain from this experience, and I'll share that in the next couple days. But I guess as a conclusion to my introduction, I am way way way way way way out of my comfort zone. And only good things can come from that right!? I hope, know, that I am about to have a life changing experience. And I look forward to sharing my journeying with you, and with the experience I am about to have I hope that through all the prayer and encouragement (and comments!) from you I will have transformation in ways I cannot expect... and further to that I hope I can inch toward being a littler more like Jesus. Yea. He loved kids alright. And probably shopping too...
Love to you (although no one is signed up yet so that feels kind of weird saying it...(!))
Looking forward to reading your blog while you're away. God bless!
ReplyDelete